Tuesday, March 30, 2010

please meet my wisdom tooth!




Even my mum sometimes wonders why do i love to visit the dentist. mm... actually i don't... but i have to! because the one thing i learned from the dental nurse in my primary school is that if i loose any of my teeth, it's gone forever...! since then, i decided to protect my teeth at all cause! 

quite a few years back, i need to have one of my wisdom tooth removed in order to avoid any 'future complication'. this sounds serious! especially when the dentist told me that due to the direction of this wisdom tooth was growing, he needs to crush it, cut a 'small' opening so that he can pick and remove the pieces accordingly...! this 'mini operation' lasted almost an hour. I was given 2 extra injections as the standard 2 failed to numb me... to sum it up, it was a painful and torturing experience. but, the 'complication' has just begun!

few hours after that, the pain kicked in. but this was expected. it was still bleeding the next day and it got worse, i could barely speak as whenever i tried to open my mouth or move any muscle in my mouth, i could feel this tearing pain. the pain was so severe, it triggered severe headache too. i surrendered. i ended up playing mute for the whole week, drinking only liquid food as i tried anything i could to ease the pain. the aunty who helps at the food stall where i usually had my dinner finally beaten by her curiosity and asked me," you sure you are just having porridge with soup again today?" ya, that was my dinner for almost ten days. 

i still remember my prayer then- when i wake up tomorrow, please let this pain disappear and let me enjoy a good plate of nasi lemak and i would be the most contended man on earth! 

this could easily be one of the simplest prayer of mine. but i genuinely think that if i can wake up in the morning, in good health and enjoy a simple nasi lemak with my love ones. life has been good to me.

so while this picture might looks scarry and violent to some, it reminds me of the simple blessings of life and always be contented :)


5 comments:

Marlene Lo said...

Poor Ong Tou. Wa... 10 days! No wonder you can draw so many comic these days! Take good care!

ongtou said...

thanks marlene :) it was good! cos it helped to clear my digestive system! :D

Mavis said...

Hope u r feeling better now! =) Thank god I had my wisdom tooth when I was wearing bracers, it allows more space for my wisdom tooth to grow..! Anyway, it's good to clear your digestion system once in a while...when will we dance again? ^.^

ongtou said...

thanks babe :) im feeling all ok now! tonight? alliya? haa... catch u soon! (((BIGHug)))

Bianca Jackson said...

Going to your dentist is the best way to relieve the pain wisdom teeth can cause. As for your wisdom tooth, well it's normal to be in pain after the procedure. Just don't forget to consult your dentist if the pain gets worse.


-Bianca Jackson